Last Updated: May 4, 2023
Privacy Rights California Residents
For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. Personal Information does not include aggregate consumer information, publicly available information or information that has been de-identified. Under the CCPA, Personal Information includes information that we have collected from any source, including through your use of our Site, services, email communications, and paper correspondence.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
• Identifiers: Which may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, account name, IP address and unique personal identifier (e.g., device ID, online identifier).
• Internet or other electronic network activity information: Which may include your browser type, operating system, internet service provider (ISP), cookie identifiers, device platform, device version, interaction with our Site, and other standard weblog information.
• Audio, electronic or visual information: Which may include records of calls to or from customer service representatives (e.g., call recordings).
Sources of Personal Information We Collect
Mailways collects the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following sources:
Mailways does not collect sensitive personal data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or biometric data.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Mailways may use the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business and commercial purposes:
• To fulfill the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
• To provide our services and to provide client support.
• To communicate with clients and respond to requests and inquiries.
• To improve and personalize access to and experience on our Site. We may also use Personal Information for analytical purposes, for research and development, and to improve our services and content.
• For identification and authentication when clients access their account through the Client Login portal.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
How We Share Personal Information
• Service providers
• Social media companies
• Technology companies
• Advertisers, analytics companies and other third parties with whom we have business relationships
• Government regulators
When we disclose Personal Information to third parties for a business purpose, we enter a legally binding contract that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information and not use or disclose it for any purpose except as necessary for the contracted services.
Sale of Personal Information
Mailways does not sell Personal Information to third parties for monetary value. However, to the extent that we sell Personal Information (as that term is defined under the CCPA), we may share Personal Information with third-party service providers, as described above, to perform services for Mailways.
In the preceding 12 months, Mailways has “sold” the following categories of Personal Information:
Since our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties may constitute a “sale” of Personal Information under the CCPA, you may opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information as described below or by visiting our Do Not Sell My Personal Information link to make an opt-out request.
Your CCPA Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the Personal Information that we have collected and used about you over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
• The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you (also called a Data Portability Request).
• The categories of sources from which such Personal Information was collected.
• The business or commercial purpose for which such Personal Information was collected or shared.
• The categories of Personal Information about you that we have disclosed.
• The categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
Right to Delete: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of any Personal Information that we have collected from you and retained. In such case we will also direct our service providers to do the same. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records. However, we (or our service providers) may be entitled to retain some information for certain purposes such as to: (i) comply with applicable law or legal obligation, for example, record retention; (ii) complete the transaction for which it was collected; (iii) protect against deceptive, fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity; or (iv) identify and repair issues related to security or functionality.
Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information maintained by Mailways (data from cookies and tracking devices are classified as a sale of Personal Information under the CCPA).
Data Portability Rights: You have the right to make and receive a transportable copy of your Personal Information that Mailways has collected and maintained about you over the past twelve (12) months. Please note that we retain Personal Information for various time periods and are under no obligation to retain Personal Information longer than we need it. Therefore, we may not be able to fully respond to your request.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us through the links provided below or Contact Us. Only you (or a person authorized to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Access Requests: You can only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. To make an access request contact Mailways at 603-669-5252 or click this link.
Data Portability Requests: You may only make a verifiable consumer request for data portability twice within a 12-month period. To make a data portability request contact Mailways at 603-669-5252 or click this link.
Deletion Requests: To make a deletion request contact Mailways at 603-669-5252 or click this link.
Do Not Sell My Info: To request to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information click our Do Not Sell My Personal Information link. Alternatively, you can exercise your right to opt-out by contacting Mailways at 603-669-5252 or Contact Us. We will only use the Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. Once you make an opt-out request, you may change your mind and opt back in to the sale of your Personal Information at any time by sending us an email.
Processing Your Requests
Once you contact Mailways to exercise any of your rights, we will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of the receipt of your request.
If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Mailways does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you the reason for our decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
When contacting Mailways to exercise your rights under the CCPA, we ask that you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
• Verify your Identity: In order for Mailways to process any of the requests described above you must provide us with information so that we can verify your identify. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. For example, at a minimum, please provide us with your phone number and/or email address or other information needed to verify your identity. Additionally, we may require a valid government issued identification or other identification to verify your identity.
Please note that if we are unable to initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to Mailways for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification or authority to make the request. Mailways in its sole discretion may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid Power of Attorney authorizing the agent to act on your behalf, the requester’s valid government issued identification and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification, so that may verify the authenticity of the request directly with you.
• Rights you are Exercising: Please specify which rights you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates.
• Response Contact: Mailways will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Please provide us with an e-mail or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of your verifiable consumer request. If applicable, our response will also explain the reason(s) we cannot comply with a request.
While our Site is intended for adults over 18 years of age, California law requires that any California resident under the age of 18 to opt-in to the sale of their Personal Information. Mailways does not knowingly sell the Personal Information of consumers less than 18 years of age.
Shine the Light
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act” (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), we are required to disclose, upon request, the identity of any third-parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of Personal Information disclosed, for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that under California law, we are only required to respond to such request once during any calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us.
You can also contact us by writing to:
Attn: California Privacy
10 Bartlett St.
Allenstown, NH 03275
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents, the ways in which Mailways collects and uses your Personal Information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
Attn: California Privacy
10 Bartlett St.
Allenstown, NH 03275